Frank Lampard ready to negotiate new Chelsea contract
London: Frank Lampard has said he is ready to negotiate a new contract with Chelsea, and hopes to remain with the Blues for the rest of his career.
The 34-year-old is in the final year of his current Chelsea deal, sparking off suggestions that he could become the next Blues stalwart to leave after Didier Drogba.
Lampard has been consistently linked with to a move to America, possibly with LA Galaxy, The Daily Mail reports.
Lampard said: “I’m ready to sit down and talk to Chelsea whenever they want to. I’ve had a great time playing for Chelsea and I hope I can prolong it. In an ideal world I’d finish here and keep giving what I have given over the past ten years.
“Though, I wouldn’t want to fade away as a player and be here without performing or producing. I want to always be at a level I know I can play at and give a lot when I play. I certainly feel I’ve got more than a year left in me. I feel I’ve got a few more years in terms of top football. I’m fit enough and fresh enough.
“My legs are fine and with experience you can bring something else to the team in terms of off the pitch, helping the young players coming through. I’d love to do that. Chelsea will always be my club regardless of what happens now in terms of my playing days.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials