Fred praises Brazil spirit in match against England
Rio de Janeiro: Though Brazil`s friendly match against England to re-inaugurate the iconic Maracana stadium ended in a 2-2 draw, the home team had good reason to be satisfied, striker Fred said.
"The team (Brazil) did well; the spirit was wonderful on and off the pitch. The fans put on a great party and supported us, and that is very important," said Fred. "That makes us think that the whole match was very good, regardless of the draw."
Despite still recovering from a cracked rib, Fred played almost the entire match and scored the first goal in the international friendly at the revamped venue, which underwent almost three years of renovations ahead of this month`s FIFA Confederations Cup and the 2014 World Cup.
Brazilian striker Leandro Damiao also concurred with Fred.
"The team has improved a lot. Now we need to continue the work, there is another match," said Damiao, referring to the next friendly, against France, which will be held June 9 in Porto Alegre.
The fixture will be Brazil`s last chance to prepare ahead of their first Confederations Cup match against Japan on June 15 in Brazil`s capital city Brasilia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself