Freiburg sign Arsenal`s Francis Coquelin`
Berlin: Freiburg signed Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin on loan for a season, the German football club announced.
The 22-year-old midfielder, who made just 22 appearances for Arsenal, played for French side Lorient on loan most recently. There, he scored one goal in 24 matches.
"We are delighted with the loan of Francis, who is a dynamic midfielder and can help our team with his offensive skills besides his defensive abilities," Xinhua quoted Freiburg director of sport Jochen Saier as saying.
Coquelin is a French youth international who passed through all age groups. In 2010, he played a key role in the French squad that lifted the UEFA European Under-19 title in France.
His new side completed the last Bundesliga season at the fifth position, ensuring a Europa League berth.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory