Freiburg sign Arsenal`s Francis Coquelin`
Berlin: Freiburg signed Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin on loan for a season, the German football club announced.
The 22-year-old midfielder, who made just 22 appearances for Arsenal, played for French side Lorient on loan most recently. There, he scored one goal in 24 matches.
"We are delighted with the loan of Francis, who is a dynamic midfielder and can help our team with his offensive skills besides his defensive abilities," Xinhua quoted Freiburg director of sport Jochen Saier as saying.
Coquelin is a French youth international who passed through all age groups. In 2010, he played a key role in the French squad that lifted the UEFA European Under-19 title in France.
His new side completed the last Bundesliga season at the fifth position, ensuring a Europa League berth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum