Freiburg sign Arsenal`s Francis Coquelin`
Berlin: Freiburg signed Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin on loan for a season, the German football club announced.
The 22-year-old midfielder, who made just 22 appearances for Arsenal, played for French side Lorient on loan most recently. There, he scored one goal in 24 matches.
"We are delighted with the loan of Francis, who is a dynamic midfielder and can help our team with his offensive skills besides his defensive abilities," Xinhua quoted Freiburg director of sport Jochen Saier as saying.
Coquelin is a French youth international who passed through all age groups. In 2010, he played a key role in the French squad that lifted the UEFA European Under-19 title in France.
His new side completed the last Bundesliga season at the fifth position, ensuring a Europa League berth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor