Freiburg sign Arsenal`s Francis Coquelin`
Berlin: Freiburg signed Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin on loan for a season, the German football club announced.
The 22-year-old midfielder, who made just 22 appearances for Arsenal, played for French side Lorient on loan most recently. There, he scored one goal in 24 matches.
"We are delighted with the loan of Francis, who is a dynamic midfielder and can help our team with his offensive skills besides his defensive abilities," Xinhua quoted Freiburg director of sport Jochen Saier as saying.
Coquelin is a French youth international who passed through all age groups. In 2010, he played a key role in the French squad that lifted the UEFA European Under-19 title in France.
His new side completed the last Bundesliga season at the fifth position, ensuring a Europa League berth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Porn-viewing encourages condom use: Study
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: Govt has taken effective action to bring out truth, says MoD
- Trupti Desai denied entry in Haji Ali Dargah, detained by police on her way to CM's residence
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report