Freiburg sign Arsenal`s Francis Coquelin`
Berlin: Freiburg signed Arsenal midfielder Francis Coquelin on loan for a season, the German football club announced.
The 22-year-old midfielder, who made just 22 appearances for Arsenal, played for French side Lorient on loan most recently. There, he scored one goal in 24 matches.
"We are delighted with the loan of Francis, who is a dynamic midfielder and can help our team with his offensive skills besides his defensive abilities," Xinhua quoted Freiburg director of sport Jochen Saier as saying.
Coquelin is a French youth international who passed through all age groups. In 2010, he played a key role in the French squad that lifted the UEFA European Under-19 title in France.
His new side completed the last Bundesliga season at the fifth position, ensuring a Europa League berth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter