Freiburg stun Bremen 3-1 in German Bundesliga
Berlin: Relegation-threatened Freiburg earned vital points as it upset Werder Bremen 3-1 to open the 26th round of the German Bundesliga.
Christian Streich`s men Friday recorded their second straight win to climb out of the bottom while Bremen suffered their 11th loss of the season, reports Xinhua.
Freiburg move from 16th, a relegation play-off spot, to 14th position while Bremen remain in 12th place.
"We staged a poor performance. We need to quickly improve our game until the next match against Wolfsburg," Bremen`s sporting manager Thomas Eichin said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India won't tolerate any insult to its Army - Must Read
- Swara Bhaskar turns writer, pens love story
- Venus clouds may reveal underlying secrets
- Bollywood actors vs MPs charity match: Baba Ramdev steals the show - See Pics
- Sensex zooms by over 292 points to recapture 28,000-mark; Nifty above 8,600-level