French footballers trial adjourned on point of law
Paris: The trial of Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema for having sex with an underage prostitute was adjourned shortly after opening on Tuesday pending resolution of a point of law which may result in the charges being dropped.
Lawyers for the two French football stars have challenged the legal basis for the charges against their clients and the judge agreed that they had raised a legitimate issue which will have to be resolved by another court before the trial can continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming