French footballers trial adjourned on point of law
Paris: The trial of Franck Ribery and Karim Benzema for having sex with an underage prostitute was adjourned shortly after opening on Tuesday pending resolution of a point of law which may result in the charges being dropped.
Lawyers for the two French football stars have challenged the legal basis for the charges against their clients and the judge agreed that they had raised a legitimate issue which will have to be resolved by another court before the trial can continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report