Fulham players furious after manager fines Kasami
London: Fulham boss Martin Jol, who has fined one of his players 500 pounds for missing a penalty, is now facing a dressing-room backlash.
Several senior stars are furious after Jol rapped rookie Pajtim Kasami.
The Swiss midfielder, 19, was penalised for taking a spot-kick in Fulham’s Carling Cup defeat at Chelsea on September 21 because Orlando Sa was the designated taker.
Jol has upset his squad by implementing a tough new disciplinary regime with wide-ranging financial punishments for lateness and backchat, a leading daily reported.
“Kasami wouldn’t have been fined if he’d scored it. Some of the new rules are strange to say the least. He is a young kid. He was only trying to do his best for the team and he’s ended up being fined 500 quid for it,” a club source said.
Kasami`s penalty hit the bar and Chelsea went on to win 4-3 in a shootout after a goalless draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore