Fulham players furious after manager fines Kasami
London: Fulham boss Martin Jol, who has fined one of his players 500 pounds for missing a penalty, is now facing a dressing-room backlash.
Several senior stars are furious after Jol rapped rookie Pajtim Kasami.
The Swiss midfielder, 19, was penalised for taking a spot-kick in Fulham’s Carling Cup defeat at Chelsea on September 21 because Orlando Sa was the designated taker.
Jol has upset his squad by implementing a tough new disciplinary regime with wide-ranging financial punishments for lateness and backchat, a leading daily reported.
“Kasami wouldn’t have been fined if he’d scored it. Some of the new rules are strange to say the least. He is a young kid. He was only trying to do his best for the team and he’s ended up being fined 500 quid for it,” a club source said.
Kasami`s penalty hit the bar and Chelsea went on to win 4-3 in a shootout after a goalless draw.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Motihari gang-rape: Doctors in Bihar continue to use two-finger test, says NCW report
- New method that can kill cancer cells in 2 hours developed!
- UEFA Euro 2016, quarterfinal: Poland vs Portugal - Preview
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet all set to clear final recommendations on salary hike today
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' sans songs? Details inside