‘Furious’ Mancini may quit Man City over lack of summer signings
London: An ‘angry’ Roberto Mancini could quit his managerial position at Manchester City in a year if he continues to be left high and dry over new signings, it has emerged.
Mancini is unlikely to see out his recently-signed contract, if he doesn’t receive the backing he requires, a source close to the City boss has said.
“He has three targets before the window closes, Daniele De Rossi, Maicon and Stevan Jovetic. We will see what happens in the next few days. He feels there is no one at the club doing the transfer dealing for him and he has been left with just 19 players for the new season. He is angry, as you can imagine,”
“He isn’t about to walk out on City, but if nothing else happens before the transfer window closes, this could be his last season at City. I wouldn’t rule out a move elsewhere next season,” the source added.
Mancini signed a new five-year contract with City in July this year, which meant that he would be with the club until the summer of 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees