‘Furious’ Mancini may quit Man City over lack of summer signings
London: An ‘angry’ Roberto Mancini could quit his managerial position at Manchester City in a year if he continues to be left high and dry over new signings, it has emerged.
Mancini is unlikely to see out his recently-signed contract, if he doesn’t receive the backing he requires, a source close to the City boss has said.
“He has three targets before the window closes, Daniele De Rossi, Maicon and Stevan Jovetic. We will see what happens in the next few days. He feels there is no one at the club doing the transfer dealing for him and he has been left with just 19 players for the new season. He is angry, as you can imagine,”
“He isn’t about to walk out on City, but if nothing else happens before the transfer window closes, this could be his last season at City. I wouldn’t rule out a move elsewhere next season,” the source added.
Mancini signed a new five-year contract with City in July this year, which meant that he would be with the club until the summer of 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends