‘Furious’ Mancini may quit Man City over lack of summer signings
London: An ‘angry’ Roberto Mancini could quit his managerial position at Manchester City in a year if he continues to be left high and dry over new signings, it has emerged.
Mancini is unlikely to see out his recently-signed contract, if he doesn’t receive the backing he requires, a source close to the City boss has said.
“He has three targets before the window closes, Daniele De Rossi, Maicon and Stevan Jovetic. We will see what happens in the next few days. He feels there is no one at the club doing the transfer dealing for him and he has been left with just 19 players for the new season. He is angry, as you can imagine,”
“He isn’t about to walk out on City, but if nothing else happens before the transfer window closes, this could be his last season at City. I wouldn’t rule out a move elsewhere next season,” the source added.
Mancini signed a new five-year contract with City in July this year, which meant that he would be with the club until the summer of 2017.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city