‘Furious’ Mourinho says Madrid’s poor form not linked with Ronaldo’s ‘sad’ comments
London: Real Madrid manager has slammed his players for not being committed enough after another shoddy performance during their 1-0 shock defeat against Sevilla, and maintained his team’s poor form has nothing to do with Cristiano Ronaldo’s comment that he is unhappy at the club.
The defeat has put Madrid eight points adrift of archrivals Barcelona in the Spanish La Liga, and ahead of tomorrow’s Champions League clash with bitter foe Roberto Mancini’s Manchester City, the self-styled Special One reacted by an astonishing verbal assault on his entire squad.
“We were wrong from the first minute to the last. We were lousy and got what we deserved. I did not have a team,” the Daily Mirror quoted Mourinho, as saying.
“Against Barcelona in the Spanish Super Cup we were perfect, aggressive and fast. But we haven’t been so since then. I am the coach and the buck stops with me,” he added.
Mourinho insisted the performance was not related to the problems between his star player, Ronaldo and the Santiago Bernabeu hierarchy, adding: “This has no connection with the rumours of the past two weeks.”
“It is about a state of mind. I could say that two or three heads only are thinking the right way. We had too few heads that were committed and focused on the right priorities. I changed two players but I wanted to change seven. Maybe we should be able to make more changes,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price