Galatasaray coach banned for nine matches
Istanbul: Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim was banned for nine matches on Thursday for criticising the referee during a league game against Mersin Idmanyurdu.
Turkey`s Football Federation (TFF) said Terim was guilty of insulting the referee and "unsporting behaviour" during the game while his two assistants received one- and two-game suspensions.
The severe sanction means Terim will be barred from six games in the current season and three in the next.
Terim was banished to the stands with a number of his coaching staff during Saturday`s game, which Galatasaray won 3-1.
The manager, visibly angry, at one point went on to the pitch, slammed the match ball on the ground to show his anger about a string of decisions.
Newspapers Hurriyet and Vatan, quoting the official match report, said Terim insulted the referee and a TFF representative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!