Galatasaray coach banned for nine matches
Istanbul: Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim was banned for nine matches on Thursday for criticising the referee during a league game against Mersin Idmanyurdu.
Turkey`s Football Federation (TFF) said Terim was guilty of insulting the referee and "unsporting behaviour" during the game while his two assistants received one- and two-game suspensions.
The severe sanction means Terim will be barred from six games in the current season and three in the next.
Terim was banished to the stands with a number of his coaching staff during Saturday`s game, which Galatasaray won 3-1.
The manager, visibly angry, at one point went on to the pitch, slammed the match ball on the ground to show his anger about a string of decisions.
Newspapers Hurriyet and Vatan, quoting the official match report, said Terim insulted the referee and a TFF representative.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!