Galatasaray coach may be suspended
Ankara (Turkey): Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim is facing a 10-match suspension for criticising the referee during his side`s league match against Mersin.
Terim, who leads the Istanbul club in their return leg Champions League quarterfinal match against Real Madrid Tuesday, was banished to the stands with a number of his coaching staff during Saturday`s game, which Galatasaray won 3-1.
The manager, visibly angry, at one point went on to the pitch, grabbed the matchball and violently threw it to show his anger about a string of decisions.
Newspapers Hurriyet and Vatan, quoting the official match report, said Terim insulted the referee and a Turkish football federation (TFF) representative.
The TFF was expected to make a decision on the incident in the coming days and could impose a severe sanction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Rs 7L for Sikh girl, Rs 5L for a Brahmin: `Love jihad` WhatsApp message goes viral in Gujarat
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped