Galatasaray coach may be suspended
Ankara (Turkey): Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim is facing a 10-match suspension for criticising the referee during his side`s league match against Mersin.
Terim, who leads the Istanbul club in their return leg Champions League quarterfinal match against Real Madrid Tuesday, was banished to the stands with a number of his coaching staff during Saturday`s game, which Galatasaray won 3-1.
The manager, visibly angry, at one point went on to the pitch, grabbed the matchball and violently threw it to show his anger about a string of decisions.
Newspapers Hurriyet and Vatan, quoting the official match report, said Terim insulted the referee and a Turkish football federation (TFF) representative.
The TFF was expected to make a decision on the incident in the coming days and could impose a severe sanction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it