Galatasaray coach may be suspended
Ankara (Turkey): Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim is facing a 10-match suspension for criticising the referee during his side`s league match against Mersin.
Terim, who leads the Istanbul club in their return leg Champions League quarterfinal match against Real Madrid Tuesday, was banished to the stands with a number of his coaching staff during Saturday`s game, which Galatasaray won 3-1.
The manager, visibly angry, at one point went on to the pitch, grabbed the matchball and violently threw it to show his anger about a string of decisions.
Newspapers Hurriyet and Vatan, quoting the official match report, said Terim insulted the referee and a Turkish football federation (TFF) representative.
The TFF was expected to make a decision on the incident in the coming days and could impose a severe sanction.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?