Galatasaray coach`s nine-match ban approved
Ankara: Disciplinary board of the Turkish Football Federation (TFF) has approved Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim`s nine-match ban over his overreaction to the referee of the match between Mersin Idmanyurdu and Galatasaray two weeks ago.
Terim has been given a nine-match ban over "unsportsmanlike conduct" during a match against the Super League`s Mersin Idmanyurdu April 6. However, Galatasaray then appealed to the disciplinary board to review the decision, reports Xinhua.
Fatih Terim was sent off the pitch in the second half during Galatasaray-Mersin Idmanyurdu match for his reaction to the referee`s controversial decisions. Terim threw the ball to the ground and almost physically assaulted the referee to express his anger.
The final verdict bans Terim from leading Galatasaray from the touchline for six games this season and three games next season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!
- Vodafone launches unlimited free voice calling offer for prepaid customers