Galatasaray coach`s nine-match ban approved
Ankara: Disciplinary board of the Turkish Football Federation (TFF) has approved Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim`s nine-match ban over his overreaction to the referee of the match between Mersin Idmanyurdu and Galatasaray two weeks ago.
Terim has been given a nine-match ban over "unsportsmanlike conduct" during a match against the Super League`s Mersin Idmanyurdu April 6. However, Galatasaray then appealed to the disciplinary board to review the decision, reports Xinhua.
Fatih Terim was sent off the pitch in the second half during Galatasaray-Mersin Idmanyurdu match for his reaction to the referee`s controversial decisions. Terim threw the ball to the ground and almost physically assaulted the referee to express his anger.
The final verdict bans Terim from leading Galatasaray from the touchline for six games this season and three games next season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy