Galatasaray coach`s nine-match ban approved
Ankara: Disciplinary board of the Turkish Football Federation (TFF) has approved Galatasaray coach Fatih Terim`s nine-match ban over his overreaction to the referee of the match between Mersin Idmanyurdu and Galatasaray two weeks ago.
Terim has been given a nine-match ban over "unsportsmanlike conduct" during a match against the Super League`s Mersin Idmanyurdu April 6. However, Galatasaray then appealed to the disciplinary board to review the decision, reports Xinhua.
Fatih Terim was sent off the pitch in the second half during Galatasaray-Mersin Idmanyurdu match for his reaction to the referee`s controversial decisions. Terim threw the ball to the ground and almost physically assaulted the referee to express his anger.
The final verdict bans Terim from leading Galatasaray from the touchline for six games this season and three games next season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head