Ganso hopes to return to Brazil
Sao Paulo: Footballer Paulo Henrique Ganso revealed that his main priority for 2013 is to reclaim his place in the Brazilian national side.
"I have always been ready to be the Selecao`s No.10. Now, I am preparing myself even harder for this challenge. Brazil have great players like Ronaldinho Gaucho, Kaka and Oscar. It`s going to be a tough fight," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ganso had long been seen as the natural successor to the Brazil`s famous No.10 shirt, the traditional number of the team`s playmaker. However, a succession of serious knee injuries coupled with a poor 2011 Copa America left the door open for other candidates to stake their claim.
Whilst Ronaldinho and Kaka are more experienced options, Chelsea`s Oscar and Paris Saint-Germain`s Lucas have since staked their claim for the playmaker`s role.
But with new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari now in charge, Ganso is hoping for another chance to prove his worth.
"I hope to be able to play a lot of football next year. If that happens, a return to the Selecao could be the next step," he said.
In September Ganso moved from Santos to Sao Paulo where he will be expected to challenge for the Brazilian and Libertadores titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble