Ganso hopes to return to Brazil
Sao Paulo: Footballer Paulo Henrique Ganso revealed that his main priority for 2013 is to reclaim his place in the Brazilian national side.
"I have always been ready to be the Selecao`s No.10. Now, I am preparing myself even harder for this challenge. Brazil have great players like Ronaldinho Gaucho, Kaka and Oscar. It`s going to be a tough fight," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ganso had long been seen as the natural successor to the Brazil`s famous No.10 shirt, the traditional number of the team`s playmaker. However, a succession of serious knee injuries coupled with a poor 2011 Copa America left the door open for other candidates to stake their claim.
Whilst Ronaldinho and Kaka are more experienced options, Chelsea`s Oscar and Paris Saint-Germain`s Lucas have since staked their claim for the playmaker`s role.
But with new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari now in charge, Ganso is hoping for another chance to prove his worth.
"I hope to be able to play a lot of football next year. If that happens, a return to the Selecao could be the next step," he said.
In September Ganso moved from Santos to Sao Paulo where he will be expected to challenge for the Brazilian and Libertadores titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia
- 25-year-old woman gang-raped, two arrested