Ganso hopes to return to Brazil
Sao Paulo: Footballer Paulo Henrique Ganso revealed that his main priority for 2013 is to reclaim his place in the Brazilian national side.
"I have always been ready to be the Selecao`s No.10. Now, I am preparing myself even harder for this challenge. Brazil have great players like Ronaldinho Gaucho, Kaka and Oscar. It`s going to be a tough fight," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ganso had long been seen as the natural successor to the Brazil`s famous No.10 shirt, the traditional number of the team`s playmaker. However, a succession of serious knee injuries coupled with a poor 2011 Copa America left the door open for other candidates to stake their claim.
Whilst Ronaldinho and Kaka are more experienced options, Chelsea`s Oscar and Paris Saint-Germain`s Lucas have since staked their claim for the playmaker`s role.
But with new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari now in charge, Ganso is hoping for another chance to prove his worth.
"I hope to be able to play a lot of football next year. If that happens, a return to the Selecao could be the next step," he said.
In September Ganso moved from Santos to Sao Paulo where he will be expected to challenge for the Brazilian and Libertadores titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?