Ganso hopes to return to Brazil
Sao Paulo: Footballer Paulo Henrique Ganso revealed that his main priority for 2013 is to reclaim his place in the Brazilian national side.
"I have always been ready to be the Selecao`s No.10. Now, I am preparing myself even harder for this challenge. Brazil have great players like Ronaldinho Gaucho, Kaka and Oscar. It`s going to be a tough fight," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ganso had long been seen as the natural successor to the Brazil`s famous No.10 shirt, the traditional number of the team`s playmaker. However, a succession of serious knee injuries coupled with a poor 2011 Copa America left the door open for other candidates to stake their claim.
Whilst Ronaldinho and Kaka are more experienced options, Chelsea`s Oscar and Paris Saint-Germain`s Lucas have since staked their claim for the playmaker`s role.
But with new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari now in charge, Ganso is hoping for another chance to prove his worth.
"I hope to be able to play a lot of football next year. If that happens, a return to the Selecao could be the next step," he said.
In September Ganso moved from Santos to Sao Paulo where he will be expected to challenge for the Brazilian and Libertadores titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery