Ganso hopes to return to Brazil
Sao Paulo: Footballer Paulo Henrique Ganso revealed that his main priority for 2013 is to reclaim his place in the Brazilian national side.
"I have always been ready to be the Selecao`s No.10. Now, I am preparing myself even harder for this challenge. Brazil have great players like Ronaldinho Gaucho, Kaka and Oscar. It`s going to be a tough fight," Xinhua quoted him as saying.
Ganso had long been seen as the natural successor to the Brazil`s famous No.10 shirt, the traditional number of the team`s playmaker. However, a succession of serious knee injuries coupled with a poor 2011 Copa America left the door open for other candidates to stake their claim.
Whilst Ronaldinho and Kaka are more experienced options, Chelsea`s Oscar and Paris Saint-Germain`s Lucas have since staked their claim for the playmaker`s role.
But with new boss Luiz Felipe Scolari now in charge, Ganso is hoping for another chance to prove his worth.
"I hope to be able to play a lot of football next year. If that happens, a return to the Selecao could be the next step," he said.
In September Ganso moved from Santos to Sao Paulo where he will be expected to challenge for the Brazilian and Libertadores titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'