Gareth Bale back in training for Real after calf injury
MADRID: Gareth Bale had recovered sufficiently from a knock to his calf to return to training with Real Madrid on Friday, the Spanish club said as they prepare for Monday`s La Liga match at home to Celta Vigo.
The Wales winger, who became the world`s most expensive player when Real bought him from Tottenham Hotspur in the close season, injured the calf last month and missed Real`s final match before the Christmas break, a 3-2 victory at Valencia.
He did not feature in Thursday`s 1-0 friendly win over Paris St Germain in Doha but was back in training with the rest of the squad in the Spanish capital on Friday along with Portugal full back Fabio Coentrao, who has been out since November, Real said on their website (www.realmadrid.com).
Captain and goalkeeper Iker Casillas was given permission to miss Friday`s session after he became a father for the first time with television presenter partner Sara Carbonero.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog