Gareth Bale back in training for Real after calf injury
MADRID: Gareth Bale had recovered sufficiently from a knock to his calf to return to training with Real Madrid on Friday, the Spanish club said as they prepare for Monday`s La Liga match at home to Celta Vigo.
The Wales winger, who became the world`s most expensive player when Real bought him from Tottenham Hotspur in the close season, injured the calf last month and missed Real`s final match before the Christmas break, a 3-2 victory at Valencia.
He did not feature in Thursday`s 1-0 friendly win over Paris St Germain in Doha but was back in training with the rest of the squad in the Spanish capital on Friday along with Portugal full back Fabio Coentrao, who has been out since November, Real said on their website (www.realmadrid.com).
Captain and goalkeeper Iker Casillas was given permission to miss Friday`s session after he became a father for the first time with television presenter partner Sara Carbonero.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?