Gareth Bale looking forward to Supercup return
Madrid: Real Madrid star Gareth Bale is looking forward to returning `home` next week when his side takes on Sevilla in the European Supercup.
The game between the winners of the Champions League and the Europa League will be held in Bale`s hometown of Cardiff Aug 12 and Bale, who joined Real Madrid from Tottenham Hotspurs a year ago will have plenty of people in the stands to cheer him on, reports Xinhua.
"All of my family and friends will be there; it is very special for me to play in Cardiff," said the Welsh international.
"I knew the final would be played there 18 months ago and when I came to Madrid it was one of my hopes to win the Champions League and to play in Cardiff, so it is going to be very emotional for me," he said.
Wales` failure to qualify for this summer`s World Cup finals has had positive results for Bale, who has been able to enjoy a full pre-season after last summer saw his preparations interrupted by injury and his drawn out move to Madrid.
He has been their best player in a so-far disappointing pre-season which has seen Real Madrid lose all three preparation games in the USA, all be it without the presence of several of their most important players, who were still on holiday after playing in Brazil.
Sevilla meanwhile have enjoyed a quiet summer as coach Unai Emery has worked with a squad which improved over the past season.
"I`d love us to win 5-0 but you have to score the goals," said Bale, who is expected a tough game.
"I don`t care who scores, it is a question of playing like a team. If we do that we can beat anyone, but we have to work hard and work together," he concluded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Iran announces May 19 presidential election
- Sahara group gets $1.3 billion offer from new suitor for its 3 overseas hotels
- Watch: Benedict Cumberbatch's 'Sherlock: Series 4' teaser will leave you on the edge!
- Know why some male frogs prefer having sex on land
- Monsoon to push GDP growth to over 8% this fiscal: Panagariya