Gareth Bale reports for Spurs training
London: Tottenham Hotspur winger Gareth Bale reported for training on Tuesday, amid continued speculation about his future at the club.
The 24-year-old Wales international is the subject of interest from Real Madrid and there were reports in the Spanish media that he would skip training in a bid to force through a move to the Bernabeu.
However, he was driven into Spurs` training complex in Enfield, north London at around 10:30 local time (0900GMT) on Tuesday.
Bale missed Spurs` 5-2 friendly loss to Monaco at the weekend due to a foot problem and has not played for the club since a 1-1 draw against Swindon Town on July 16.
He was unable to take part in the pre-season tour of Hong Kong because of a buttock injury.
Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti said last week that his club were in talks with Tottenham over Bale`s transfer, but Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas says the former Southampton player is not for sale.
Bale scored 26 goals for Spurs last season and was voted the Professional Football Association (PFA) Player of the Year, the PFA Young Player of the Year and the Football Writers` Association (FWA) Footballer of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- UNBELIEVABLE! Cristiano Ronaldo to have an international airport named after him
- Islamic State group claims second German attack in a week
- Former Apple executive is back to lead company's car project
- Mumbai Taxi-rickshaw strike 'put on hold'
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio