Gareth Bale reports for Spurs training
London: Tottenham Hotspur winger Gareth Bale reported for training on Tuesday, amid continued speculation about his future at the club.
The 24-year-old Wales international is the subject of interest from Real Madrid and there were reports in the Spanish media that he would skip training in a bid to force through a move to the Bernabeu.
However, he was driven into Spurs` training complex in Enfield, north London at around 10:30 local time (0900GMT) on Tuesday.
Bale missed Spurs` 5-2 friendly loss to Monaco at the weekend due to a foot problem and has not played for the club since a 1-1 draw against Swindon Town on July 16.
He was unable to take part in the pre-season tour of Hong Kong because of a buttock injury.
Madrid manager Carlo Ancelotti said last week that his club were in talks with Tottenham over Bale`s transfer, but Spurs manager Andre Villas-Boas says the former Southampton player is not for sale.
Bale scored 26 goals for Spurs last season and was voted the Professional Football Association (PFA) Player of the Year, the PFA Young Player of the Year and the Football Writers` Association (FWA) Footballer of the Year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sushma Swaraj calls on Myanmar President
- HEINOUS! Woman set on fire in Delhi for allegedly rejecting marriage proposal
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says she will not resign from Rajya Sabha
- New research identifies role of mood in making decisions
- Teachers tend to favour middle-class students: Study