Gareth Bale set for return after training with Real Madrid
Madrid: Welsh winger Gareth Bale looks on course to return to the Real Madrid side for their La Liga clash with Malaga on Saturday after he trained with the squad on Wednesday, the club announced.
The 24-year-old -- who cost the Spanish giants 91million euros (USD 123million) when he moved from English Premier League outfit Spurs in August -- has started just one game since he joined the club owing to a series of niggling injuries, the latter one a thigh problem.
Such has been the fevered speculation about his lack of fitness that club president Florentino Perez was moved to deny publicly on Monday that the Welsh star had suffered a herniated disc.
Real, whose most expensive purchase remains Cristiano Ronaldo from Manchester United for 94million euros in 2009, said Bale had focussed on touching the ball and movement.
Real Madrid are presently third in La Liga, five points behind bitter rivals Barcelona and city neighbours Atletico Madrid after eight matches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj