Gareth Bale set to join Real Madrid ranks in world-record transfer fee: Report
London: Spanish club Real Madrid is close to finally landing Welsh striker Gareth Bale from Tottenham Hotspur based on an improved offer of 93 million pounds plus Fabio Coentrao.
According to metro.co.uk, La Liga`s Madrid, which has been pursuing Bale all this summer, have already seen a world record 85million pound bid rejected for the Welshman.
The deal is worth 100 million pounds to Spurs, with 93 million pounds being paid in cash, while wing-back Coentrao, valued at 7million pounds, has also been thrown into the package, the report said.
Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has given his nod to the deal, which could be completed before the weekend, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Yusuf Pathan's heroics power Kolkata Knight Riders to five-wicket win over Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Israel says Erez crossing into Gaza to reopen
- Czech Republic OKs 'Czechia' as one-word version of its name
- Officials involved in water tanker scam in drought-hit Maharashtra's Beed suspended
- 37-year-old trader shot dead near Seelampur metro station in Delhi