Gareth Bale starts for Real Madrid in Clasico
Madrid: Gareth Bale will make just his second start for Real Madrid in their biggest game of the season to date as they face Barcelona at the Camp Nou on Saturday.
The Welshman`s start to life with Real has been disturbed by a series of niggling injuries since his reported 91 million euro ($125.5 million, £77.6 million) move from Tottenham Hotspur last month.
However, he returned from a thigh problem to make substitute appearances in the wins over Malaga and Juventus in the past week and has been been given a start by coach Carlo Ancelotti who confirmed on Friday that he is now over his fitness concerns.
The out of form Karim Benzema is the man to drop out as Ancelotti has opted for an adventurous front three with Bale joined by Cristiano Ronaldo and Angel di Maria.
Ancelotti has also surprisingly opted to name all three of Sergio Ramos, Pepe and Raphael Varane in his starting line up, so either Ramos or Pepe is expected to start in midfield.
Barcelona boss Gerardo Martino makes just the one change from the side that started Wednesday`s 1-1 draw with AC Milan as Cesc Fabregas replaces Alexis Sanchez.
Gerard Pique is fit to partner Javier Mascherano in central defence, whilst Lionel Messi and Neymar are once again paired in attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India