Gareth Bale starts for Real Madrid in Clasico
Madrid: Gareth Bale will make just his second start for Real Madrid in their biggest game of the season to date as they face Barcelona at the Camp Nou on Saturday.
The Welshman`s start to life with Real has been disturbed by a series of niggling injuries since his reported 91 million euro ($125.5 million, £77.6 million) move from Tottenham Hotspur last month.
However, he returned from a thigh problem to make substitute appearances in the wins over Malaga and Juventus in the past week and has been been given a start by coach Carlo Ancelotti who confirmed on Friday that he is now over his fitness concerns.
The out of form Karim Benzema is the man to drop out as Ancelotti has opted for an adventurous front three with Bale joined by Cristiano Ronaldo and Angel di Maria.
Ancelotti has also surprisingly opted to name all three of Sergio Ramos, Pepe and Raphael Varane in his starting line up, so either Ramos or Pepe is expected to start in midfield.
Barcelona boss Gerardo Martino makes just the one change from the side that started Wednesday`s 1-1 draw with AC Milan as Cesc Fabregas replaces Alexis Sanchez.
Gerard Pique is fit to partner Javier Mascherano in central defence, whilst Lionel Messi and Neymar are once again paired in attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'