Garrido sacked by Real Betis
Madrid: Juan Carlos Garrido has been sacked by La Liga`s bottom side Real Betis after just 10 games in charge, the club confirmed on Sunday.
"Garrido is no longer the coach of Real Betis," said a statement on the Betis website.
"President Miguel Guillen has just informed the Valencian coach that the club has decided to dispense with his services. The coach, who hadn`t obtained the desired results, will not take charge of the team (for training) tomorrow (Monday)."
Garrido managed just two victories during his less than two months in charge, both coming in the Copa del Rey.
However, after being eliminated in that competition by Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday, their 5-0 thrashing at home to Real Madrid on Saturday was the final straw as it left Los Verdiblancos eight points off safety.
It is the second time this season that Betis have sacked their coach after also dismissing recently appointed West Bromwich Albion manager Pepe Mel in December.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends