Gazza admitted to US hospital for alcohol addiction treatment
London: Football legend Paul Gascoigne has been admitted to a treatment centre in the United States.
The alcoholic former England, Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio and Newcastle United midfielder, 45, was ‘willingly’ been admitted to an unnamed centre.
According to the Guardian, Gascoigne was admitted after fears about his health were renewed last week when he appeared unwell and shaking during a charity appearance in Northampton.
He broke down sobbing on stage in front of a room full of fans.
In a statement his management company, GamePlan Solutions, said Gascoigne had been touched by the help and support shown by fans and figures within football over the past few days, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder