Gazza admitted to US hospital for alcohol addiction treatment
London: Football legend Paul Gascoigne has been admitted to a treatment centre in the United States.
The alcoholic former England, Tottenham Hotspur, Lazio and Newcastle United midfielder, 45, was ‘willingly’ been admitted to an unnamed centre.
According to the Guardian, Gascoigne was admitted after fears about his health were renewed last week when he appeared unwell and shaking during a charity appearance in Northampton.
He broke down sobbing on stage in front of a room full of fans.
In a statement his management company, GamePlan Solutions, said Gascoigne had been touched by the help and support shown by fans and figures within football over the past few days, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- 'Months before her assassination, pro-Khalistan leader had predicted Indira Gandhi's killing'
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief