George Telegraph enter final of East Zone Fed Cup qualifiers
Bargarh: Camellia George Telegraph, Kolkata, entered the final of the East Zone qualifying round of the 31st Federation Cup defeating JCB Brothers Bhilai 2-1 here on Tuesday.
JCB’s Nigerian striker Emmanuel Ini drew the first blood just before the interval. George Telegraph’s Mithun Shah equalised at the 63rd minute.
In the 76th minute, Nigerian striker O A Omotayo scored a spectacular goal to give the Kolkata team a 2-1 lead.
JCB Brothers were reduced to 10 men after captain Pravat Tiwari was shown red card at the 37th minute.
In the second semifinal on Wednesday, Kolkata Port Trust will take on TFA, Jamshedpur to decide the other finalist for the November 27 summit clash.
The winner of the tourney would move to second round of the qualifiers to be played in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis