George Telegraph enter final of East Zone Fed Cup qualifiers
Bargarh: Camellia George Telegraph, Kolkata, entered the final of the East Zone qualifying round of the 31st Federation Cup defeating JCB Brothers Bhilai 2-1 here on Tuesday.
JCB’s Nigerian striker Emmanuel Ini drew the first blood just before the interval. George Telegraph’s Mithun Shah equalised at the 63rd minute.
In the 76th minute, Nigerian striker O A Omotayo scored a spectacular goal to give the Kolkata team a 2-1 lead.
JCB Brothers were reduced to 10 men after captain Pravat Tiwari was shown red card at the 37th minute.
In the second semifinal on Wednesday, Kolkata Port Trust will take on TFA, Jamshedpur to decide the other finalist for the November 27 summit clash.
The winner of the tourney would move to second round of the qualifiers to be played in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!