George Telegraph enter final of East Zone Fed Cup qualifiers
Bargarh: Camellia George Telegraph, Kolkata, entered the final of the East Zone qualifying round of the 31st Federation Cup defeating JCB Brothers Bhilai 2-1 here on Tuesday.
JCB’s Nigerian striker Emmanuel Ini drew the first blood just before the interval. George Telegraph’s Mithun Shah equalised at the 63rd minute.
In the 76th minute, Nigerian striker O A Omotayo scored a spectacular goal to give the Kolkata team a 2-1 lead.
JCB Brothers were reduced to 10 men after captain Pravat Tiwari was shown red card at the 37th minute.
In the second semifinal on Wednesday, Kolkata Port Trust will take on TFA, Jamshedpur to decide the other finalist for the November 27 summit clash.
The winner of the tourney would move to second round of the qualifiers to be played in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj