George Telegraph enter final of East Zone Fed Cup qualifiers
Bargarh: Camellia George Telegraph, Kolkata, entered the final of the East Zone qualifying round of the 31st Federation Cup defeating JCB Brothers Bhilai 2-1 here on Tuesday.
JCB’s Nigerian striker Emmanuel Ini drew the first blood just before the interval. George Telegraph’s Mithun Shah equalised at the 63rd minute.
In the 76th minute, Nigerian striker O A Omotayo scored a spectacular goal to give the Kolkata team a 2-1 lead.
JCB Brothers were reduced to 10 men after captain Pravat Tiwari was shown red card at the 37th minute.
In the second semifinal on Wednesday, Kolkata Port Trust will take on TFA, Jamshedpur to decide the other finalist for the November 27 summit clash.
The winner of the tourney would move to second round of the qualifiers to be played in Mumbai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP