German Bundesliga kicks off August 27
Berlin: The German Football League (DFL) has revealed the match fixtures for the 50th Bundesliga season.
The 2012-13 season starts, as always, with the Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund taking on Werder Bremen at the Signal Iduna Park August 27.
"The fixture between Dortmund and Bremen is very rich in tradition. On 24th August 1963 Timo Konietzka scored the first Bundesliga goal ever for Dortmund against Bremen," Dortmund chairman of the board Hans Joachim Watzke said.
Moreover, promoted team Greuther Fuerth encounters runners-up and German record champions Bayern Munich while Schalke see Hannover. Last season`s stunner team Monchengladbach meets Hoffenheim and Stuttgart face Wolfsburg.
Hamburg clash against Nuremberg as Mainz face Freiburg. Augsburg come together with newly promoted Dusseldorf and promoted Frankfurt play at Leverkusen.
The second half of Bundesliga starts 18 January, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone