German club Wolfsburg signs Ivan Perisic
Berlin: Ivan Perisic joins Wolfsburg from league rival Dortmund on a four-and-a-half-year deal until June 2017, the football club said in an statement.
The 23-year-old Croatian international midfielder leaves Dortmund for Wolfsburg, as he was not happy with his role as a bench warmer at the Dortmund, Xinhua reports.
At his two years with the "Borussen", Perisic made only 42 appearances to score nine goals, unable to earn a position in Juergen Klopp`s starting line up.
"We are delighted to have been able to sign Ivan Perisic. After the signing of coach Dieter Hecking this is the next important decision for Wolfsburg," Wolfsburg sporting director Klaus Allofs said at the official presentation at the training camp in Belek, Turkey.
"Our offence will be more variable with Ivan. He fits perfectly into our demand profile and the coach team concept," Allofs added.
Perisic joined Borussia Dortmund in 2011 from Club Brugge, where he led the top scorer list in 2010-2011.
During his time in Dortmund, he didn`t play much and his relation with coach Juergen Klopp aggravated, especially, after an interview where Perisic moaned about his bench warmer role.
"I`m really happy that the transfer worked out and I`m proud to play for Wolfsburg. I will give everything for the club and I hope we will be successful in the coming years," Perisic said.
Wolfsburg sits currently on a disappointing 15th position, seven points away from a relegation play off spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official