German forward Podolski escapes unharmed after car crash
Berlin: German striker Lukas Podolski was involved in a car crash while driving to training here.
Even though his car sustained heavy damage, Podolski was unharmed. The accident took place Monday.
Podolski was very concerned about the well-being of the family of three, whose car he collided with. The father and a child sustained minor injuries and were later taken to hospital as a security measure.
Podolski is nursing a left-calf injury sustained in the 3-0 loss Friday against Monchengladbach.
The Polish born striker straight away went to the Cologne`s headquarters and met with the team physio though his visit had nothing to do with the crash.
"I am fine, nothing happened, I had a slight collision; it was nothing more," the striker was quoted saying by goal.com.
"I let myself be treated because of an injury from the Monchengladbach game that had nothing to do with the accident."
A MRI scan on his calf revealed that Podolski had not sustained any structural damage, meaning that he will return to training Wednesday and should be fit to face Stuttgart Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video