German forward Podolski escapes unharmed after car crash
Berlin: German striker Lukas Podolski was involved in a car crash while driving to training here.
Even though his car sustained heavy damage, Podolski was unharmed. The accident took place Monday.
Podolski was very concerned about the well-being of the family of three, whose car he collided with. The father and a child sustained minor injuries and were later taken to hospital as a security measure.
Podolski is nursing a left-calf injury sustained in the 3-0 loss Friday against Monchengladbach.
The Polish born striker straight away went to the Cologne`s headquarters and met with the team physio though his visit had nothing to do with the crash.
"I am fine, nothing happened, I had a slight collision; it was nothing more," the striker was quoted saying by goal.com.
"I let myself be treated because of an injury from the Monchengladbach game that had nothing to do with the accident."
A MRI scan on his calf revealed that Podolski had not sustained any structural damage, meaning that he will return to training Wednesday and should be fit to face Stuttgart Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter