German forward Podolski escapes unharmed after car crash
Berlin: German striker Lukas Podolski was involved in a car crash while driving to training here.
Even though his car sustained heavy damage, Podolski was unharmed. The accident took place Monday.
Podolski was very concerned about the well-being of the family of three, whose car he collided with. The father and a child sustained minor injuries and were later taken to hospital as a security measure.
Podolski is nursing a left-calf injury sustained in the 3-0 loss Friday against Monchengladbach.
The Polish born striker straight away went to the Cologne`s headquarters and met with the team physio though his visit had nothing to do with the crash.
"I am fine, nothing happened, I had a slight collision; it was nothing more," the striker was quoted saying by goal.com.
"I let myself be treated because of an injury from the Monchengladbach game that had nothing to do with the accident."
A MRI scan on his calf revealed that Podolski had not sustained any structural damage, meaning that he will return to training Wednesday and should be fit to face Stuttgart Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic