German side Hannover and Schmadtke part company
Berlin: Bundesliga side Hannover and sporting director Joerg Schmadtke have cancelled their contract, the club has confirmed on its official website.
German media has been speculating about Schmadtke`s departure due to his frosty relationship with head coach Mirko Slomka.
Ultimately, Schmadtke decided to leave the club this Saturday and not to renew his expiring contract after talks with Hannover president Martin Kind on Wednesday.
"I regret this development but Joerg Schmadtke expressed his unambiguous wish to terminate his contract with us at short notice. We complied with this request," Hannover president Martin Kind said.
Schmadtke joined Hannover in 2009 to help the club remain in first division. Moreover, Hannover qualified twice for the Europa League under Slomka and Schmadtke.
"It was a very intense and emotional time for me. I thank the management, employees and fans for their strong support," Schamdtke said.
Hannover are currently in 10th position, four points adrift of European competitions. They will encounter new German champions Bayern Munich this weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video