German side Hannover and Schmadtke part company
Berlin: Bundesliga side Hannover and sporting director Joerg Schmadtke have cancelled their contract, the club has confirmed on its official website.
German media has been speculating about Schmadtke`s departure due to his frosty relationship with head coach Mirko Slomka.
Ultimately, Schmadtke decided to leave the club this Saturday and not to renew his expiring contract after talks with Hannover president Martin Kind on Wednesday.
"I regret this development but Joerg Schmadtke expressed his unambiguous wish to terminate his contract with us at short notice. We complied with this request," Hannover president Martin Kind said.
Schmadtke joined Hannover in 2009 to help the club remain in first division. Moreover, Hannover qualified twice for the Europa League under Slomka and Schmadtke.
"It was a very intense and emotional time for me. I thank the management, employees and fans for their strong support," Schamdtke said.
Hannover are currently in 10th position, four points adrift of European competitions. They will encounter new German champions Bayern Munich this weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- Priyanka Chopra’s sex scene from ‘Quantico’ goes viral – Watch video