German side Hannover and Schmadtke part company
Berlin: Bundesliga side Hannover and sporting director Joerg Schmadtke have cancelled their contract, the club has confirmed on its official website.
German media has been speculating about Schmadtke`s departure due to his frosty relationship with head coach Mirko Slomka.
Ultimately, Schmadtke decided to leave the club this Saturday and not to renew his expiring contract after talks with Hannover president Martin Kind on Wednesday.
"I regret this development but Joerg Schmadtke expressed his unambiguous wish to terminate his contract with us at short notice. We complied with this request," Hannover president Martin Kind said.
Schmadtke joined Hannover in 2009 to help the club remain in first division. Moreover, Hannover qualified twice for the Europa League under Slomka and Schmadtke.
"It was a very intense and emotional time for me. I thank the management, employees and fans for their strong support," Schamdtke said.
Hannover are currently in 10th position, four points adrift of European competitions. They will encounter new German champions Bayern Munich this weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what