German U-21 midfielder Rode to leave Frankfurt for Bayern
Berlin: Germany`s under-21 midfielder Sebastian Rode will move from Eintracht Frankfurt to Bayern Munich, said a senior official of the Frankfurt club.
Frankfurt CEO Heribert Bruchhagen said on Thursday that Rode will leave either at the end of the season or when his contract expires in 2014.
Just two days ago, Bayern recruited another young midfielder Mario Goetze from Borussia Dortmund, who will join the Bavarians in July.
Bruchhagen said money is the key element that Rode and other young talents chose to join Bayern.
"They can earn four times more money at Bayern as they can here," he said in an interview. "End of story. The budget at Eintracht is 30 million euros, it`s 150 million at Bayern."
With six rounds left, Bayern Munich have made sure of winning Bundesliga while they are also bidding to become the first German team to win the treble of European, cup and league titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mercedes' Nico Rosberg signs a new two-year deal, extending his stay to 2018
- Scorpio with 'Intelli-Hybrid' tech launched at Rs 9.74 lakh
- Most Germans fear terrorist attack after train axe assault: Poll
- My son didn't do anything wrong: Dayashankar Singh's mother
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats