German U-21 midfielder Rode to leave Frankfurt for Bayern
Berlin: Germany`s under-21 midfielder Sebastian Rode will move from Eintracht Frankfurt to Bayern Munich, said a senior official of the Frankfurt club.
Frankfurt CEO Heribert Bruchhagen said on Thursday that Rode will leave either at the end of the season or when his contract expires in 2014.
Just two days ago, Bayern recruited another young midfielder Mario Goetze from Borussia Dortmund, who will join the Bavarians in July.
Bruchhagen said money is the key element that Rode and other young talents chose to join Bayern.
"They can earn four times more money at Bayern as they can here," he said in an interview. "End of story. The budget at Eintracht is 30 million euros, it`s 150 million at Bayern."
With six rounds left, Bayern Munich have made sure of winning Bundesliga while they are also bidding to become the first German team to win the treble of European, cup and league titles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read