Germany deserved 6-1 Ireland win, says Low
Berlin: Germany coach Joachim Low believes that his side`s 6-1 win over Republic of Ireland in Dublin was no less than they deserved on the night.
The Euro 2012 semi-finalists cruised to an easy victory, with a double apiece from Marco Reus and Toni Kroos, as well as strikes from Miroslav Klose and Mesut Ozil ensuring the result.
And their trainer feels they put in a great performance, and also praised his defence, who put in a much-improved showing on the night.
"The team was focused from the beginning – that was noticeable throughout the whole week in training," he told reporters after the match.
"When he had the ball, we played it forward quickly and found the right balance. We deserved to win by this margin. the opponents were unimaginative, playing long balls forward without any real pressure.
"We were much better organised defensively than in recent games."
Klose scored after a week of criticism from the likes of Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness, but insisted that his only focus was helping his side to improve on poor showings against Austria and Faroe Islands.
"I think that the first two games were very difficult, but if we prepare for a game properly like today, we can come out with a result.
"It was nice to contribute to the win with a goal on my 125th cap. But I have no comment for Uli Hoeness` criticism. Much has been written, but it`s best for me to keep my mouth shut and concentrate on football," he explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what