Germany deserved 6-1 Ireland win, says Low
Berlin: Germany coach Joachim Low believes that his side`s 6-1 win over Republic of Ireland in Dublin was no less than they deserved on the night.
The Euro 2012 semi-finalists cruised to an easy victory, with a double apiece from Marco Reus and Toni Kroos, as well as strikes from Miroslav Klose and Mesut Ozil ensuring the result.
And their trainer feels they put in a great performance, and also praised his defence, who put in a much-improved showing on the night.
"The team was focused from the beginning – that was noticeable throughout the whole week in training," he told reporters after the match.
"When he had the ball, we played it forward quickly and found the right balance. We deserved to win by this margin. the opponents were unimaginative, playing long balls forward without any real pressure.
"We were much better organised defensively than in recent games."
Klose scored after a week of criticism from the likes of Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness, but insisted that his only focus was helping his side to improve on poor showings against Austria and Faroe Islands.
"I think that the first two games were very difficult, but if we prepare for a game properly like today, we can come out with a result.
"It was nice to contribute to the win with a goal on my 125th cap. But I have no comment for Uli Hoeness` criticism. Much has been written, but it`s best for me to keep my mouth shut and concentrate on football," he explained.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed