Germany’s Podolski, Ozil skip training
Erasmia: German players Lukas Podolski and Mesut Ozil skipped training on Thursday as a precautionary measure to be fit in time for their World Cup quarter-final clash against Argentina on Saturday.
Podolski had broken off training on Wednesday, complaining about a minor muscle problem while playmaker Ozil remained in the team hotel, feeling unwell. Neither are expected to miss the match in Cape Town.
Cacau, who has been nursing an abdominal muscle strain and missed their second round win over England last week, was also absent. Coach Joachim Loew had said on Wednesday that the 29-year-old striker was doubtful for the match.
Germany are flying to Cape Town later on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- 3rd Test: India vs Sri Lanka 2015 - Preview