Germany’s Podolski, Ozil skip training
Erasmia: German players Lukas Podolski and Mesut Ozil skipped training on Thursday as a precautionary measure to be fit in time for their World Cup quarter-final clash against Argentina on Saturday.
Podolski had broken off training on Wednesday, complaining about a minor muscle problem while playmaker Ozil remained in the team hotel, feeling unwell. Neither are expected to miss the match in Cape Town.
Cacau, who has been nursing an abdominal muscle strain and missed their second round win over England last week, was also absent. Coach Joachim Loew had said on Wednesday that the 29-year-old striker was doubtful for the match.
Germany are flying to Cape Town later on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof