Gerrard gutted by Ferguson`s claims
London: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has admitted that he is a bit gutted about comments made by Sir Alex Ferguson claiming that he is not a top, top player and revealed that the former Manchester United manager once tried to sign him.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, the former United manager, who retired at the end of last season, made the remark in his new autobiography.
While Gerrard initially stated that he would not lose sleep over the comments, the midfielder has said that he felt a bit gutted, the report said.
Gerrard said that he is a huge fan of Ferguson but was gutted by his remarks and even revealed that the former Old Trafford manager tried to sign him in early 2002, 2003.
Gerrard will captain Liverpool for Sunday`s Premier League clash against Hull City , the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH
- I may not be with CM Akhilesh Yadav, but will always be with Mulayam Singh Yadav's son: Amar Singh