Gerrard gutted by Ferguson`s claims
London: Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard has admitted that he is a bit gutted about comments made by Sir Alex Ferguson claiming that he is not a top, top player and revealed that the former Manchester United manager once tried to sign him.
According to SportsMole.co.uk, the former United manager, who retired at the end of last season, made the remark in his new autobiography.
While Gerrard initially stated that he would not lose sleep over the comments, the midfielder has said that he felt a bit gutted, the report said.
Gerrard said that he is a huge fan of Ferguson but was gutted by his remarks and even revealed that the former Old Trafford manager tried to sign him in early 2002, 2003.
Gerrard will captain Liverpool for Sunday`s Premier League clash against Hull City , the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda