Gerrard involved in pub row with punter before death threats
London: England skipper Steven Gerrard was involved in a row with a punter in a pub a few weeks ago, as the bettor started shouting odds at him, with the striker not reacting.
According to the Daily Star, Gerrard, 33, was celebrating his testimonial in Woodwards bar, near his home in Formby, Merseyside, when a mystery man approached him.
He was said to be angry and shouting at the Liverpool captain who was standing at the bar with wife Alex, 30, and friends, according to the report.
Gerrard`s pals confronted the man before the star went over, the report said.
An eyewitness said that it was a pretty heated incident and there was pointing going on, adding that it could have got nasty, but the security came over and told Gerrard`s lads to take him out of the back door.
The clash last month took place in the early hours after the player had enjoyed a gala dinner with family, friends and footie stars at the Liverpool Echo Arena, the report added.
Last week, a man had made death threats to the star at Liverpool`s training ground shouting that he would kill him and his kids, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack