Gerrard involved in pub row with punter before death threats
London: England skipper Steven Gerrard was involved in a row with a punter in a pub a few weeks ago, as the bettor started shouting odds at him, with the striker not reacting.
According to the Daily Star, Gerrard, 33, was celebrating his testimonial in Woodwards bar, near his home in Formby, Merseyside, when a mystery man approached him.
He was said to be angry and shouting at the Liverpool captain who was standing at the bar with wife Alex, 30, and friends, according to the report.
Gerrard`s pals confronted the man before the star went over, the report said.
An eyewitness said that it was a pretty heated incident and there was pointing going on, adding that it could have got nasty, but the security came over and told Gerrard`s lads to take him out of the back door.
The clash last month took place in the early hours after the player had enjoyed a gala dinner with family, friends and footie stars at the Liverpool Echo Arena, the report added.
Last week, a man had made death threats to the star at Liverpool`s training ground shouting that he would kill him and his kids, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?