Gerrard involved in pub row with punter before death threats
London: England skipper Steven Gerrard was involved in a row with a punter in a pub a few weeks ago, as the bettor started shouting odds at him, with the striker not reacting.
According to the Daily Star, Gerrard, 33, was celebrating his testimonial in Woodwards bar, near his home in Formby, Merseyside, when a mystery man approached him.
He was said to be angry and shouting at the Liverpool captain who was standing at the bar with wife Alex, 30, and friends, according to the report.
Gerrard`s pals confronted the man before the star went over, the report said.
An eyewitness said that it was a pretty heated incident and there was pointing going on, adding that it could have got nasty, but the security came over and told Gerrard`s lads to take him out of the back door.
The clash last month took place in the early hours after the player had enjoyed a gala dinner with family, friends and footie stars at the Liverpool Echo Arena, the report added.
Last week, a man had made death threats to the star at Liverpool`s training ground shouting that he would kill him and his kids, the report further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Two dead, including one suspect, in Houston shooting: Police
- Had I stayed with AB de Villiers a little longer, it would have been different: Virat Kohli
- IPL 2016: Individual awards for outstanding players
- IPL 2016 final: It was a total team effort, says SRH's captain David Warner
- MNS to file FIR against AIB comedian Tanmay Bhat’s video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar today