Ghana joins hands with China for women`s soccer
Accra: Ghana and China will be joining hands to share the expertise in developing women`s football in the two countries.
Rosalind Amoh, Chairperson of the Women`s League Board of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), said Thursday that the partnership will open up Ghana`s women`s football on the world map.
"When we talk about women`s football, the Chinese FA has the expertise even though they have also had their own challenges.
But we will have more of technical exchange and sponsorship of some sort with them to help run competitive leagues here," Amoh was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
Under the accord, the GFA will support China in developing their youth football while the Asians, who are giants in women`s football in the world, will help Ghana boost thegame in the West African country.
Coaches, referees and administrators will also be involved in the agreement, as both countries will exchange experiences to seek to develop the game.
"You know when it comes to women`s football, we do not get a lot of international friendlies," said Amoh.
"So, for instance, we can set aside a day in the FIFA international calendar where we can institute a bilateral competition so that every year we will say that this time of the year Ghana will go to China to play two international friendlies, or China at this time on the other calendar date, depending on their schedule, can also send a team down to play in Ghana," she said.
She said the deal would also strengthen Ghana`s relationship with China which dates back to over four decades.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- David Cameron warns Brexit would drive up food prices in UK
- "Champion" Dwayne Bravo fined for breaching IPL Code of Conduct
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — Players to watch out for
- India Post payments bank will be functional by March 2017: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Six Assam Rifles personnel killed by militants in Manipur's Chandel district ambush