Giggs says Liverpool will never catch up with Manchester United
London: Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs has said Liverpool will never catch up with Manchester United, which won its 19th Premier League title last year to become the most successful English side in the domestic competitions.
Giggs, who is just two games short of playing his 900th game for United, believes Liverpool will never get back.
“They`re a club similar to us with a massive history. It`s the club we tried to catch for so long and now we`ve caught them, the challenge is to stay ahead,” The Sun quoted Giggs, as saying.
He acknowledged Liverpool as one of England’s most successful football clubs, and stressed that his team needed to play well to claim maximum points against them in the Premier League clash on Saturday.
“We`re the two most successful teams in the country, so we know we`ve got to perform and play well to get anything from any game against them,” he said.
United lost 2-1 in the FA Cup at Anfield a fortnight ago but bounced back to beat Stoke 2-0 before that unbelievable fight back to draw 3-3 at Chelsea.
If Giggs, United`s record appearance holder, plays tomorrow then his 900th game for the club will come on his Europa League debut away to Ajax next Thursday and he is already a proud man. “I`m proud because 900 is a lot of games, especially with a club I`ve supported and loved for so long,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what