Giggs says Liverpool will never catch up with Manchester United
London: Manchester United winger Ryan Giggs has said Liverpool will never catch up with Manchester United, which won its 19th Premier League title last year to become the most successful English side in the domestic competitions.
Giggs, who is just two games short of playing his 900th game for United, believes Liverpool will never get back.
“They`re a club similar to us with a massive history. It`s the club we tried to catch for so long and now we`ve caught them, the challenge is to stay ahead,” The Sun quoted Giggs, as saying.
He acknowledged Liverpool as one of England’s most successful football clubs, and stressed that his team needed to play well to claim maximum points against them in the Premier League clash on Saturday.
“We`re the two most successful teams in the country, so we know we`ve got to perform and play well to get anything from any game against them,” he said.
United lost 2-1 in the FA Cup at Anfield a fortnight ago but bounced back to beat Stoke 2-0 before that unbelievable fight back to draw 3-3 at Chelsea.
If Giggs, United`s record appearance holder, plays tomorrow then his 900th game for the club will come on his Europa League debut away to Ajax next Thursday and he is already a proud man. “I`m proud because 900 is a lot of games, especially with a club I`ve supported and loved for so long,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what