Gilardino banned for two Champions League games
London: Fiorentina striker Alberto Gilardino has been banned by UEFA for two Champions League matches for his sending-off against Olympique Lyon, his club said in a statement on Wednesday.
The Italy international, who had hoped for a one-game ban, was dismissed for going into a challenge with Jeremy Toulalan with his elbows raised during last week`s 1-0 defeat in France.
Gilardino will now miss the trip to Hungary`s Debrecen on Oct. 20 and Tuesday`s home game with Liverpool in Group E.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read