Gilardino banned for two Champions League games
London: Fiorentina striker Alberto Gilardino has been banned by UEFA for two Champions League matches for his sending-off against Olympique Lyon, his club said in a statement on Wednesday.
The Italy international, who had hoped for a one-game ban, was dismissed for going into a challenge with Jeremy Toulalan with his elbows raised during last week`s 1-0 defeat in France.
Gilardino will now miss the trip to Hungary`s Debrecen on Oct. 20 and Tuesday`s home game with Liverpool in Group E.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Brexit fallout: 7th Pay Commission payout likely to be delayed
- Monsoon seen retreating late, June deficiency to narrow: Weather office
- Forex reserves touch a life-time high of $363.8 billion
- Women not safe in Bihar? After Nirbhaya-like gang-rape, another girl attacked with acid
- Modi, Putin vow to take forward India-Russia ties