Glasgow Rangers rout Dunfermline 4-0
Glasgoe, Scotland: U.S. teammates Carlos Bocanegra and Maurice Edu scored in the first half for Glasgow Rangers, who routed Dunfermline 4-0 to strengthen their hold on first place in the Scottish Premier League.
Bocanegra scored on an 8-yard header in the ninth minute, his first league goal for Rangers (7-0-1) and second overall. Edu doubled the lead on a 20-yard, left-footed shot in the 17th, his second goal this season.
Steven Naismith scored twice in the second half for the defending champions, who stayed four points ahead of Celtic (6-2), which beat last-place Inverness 2-0 on first-half goals by Joe Ledley and James Forrest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon