Goals will come, says Neymar
Barcelona: Neymar has insisted goals will soon come in a Barcelona jersey after the Blaugrana`s 8-0 win over Santos.
A Cesc Fabregas double and goals from Lionel Messi, Alexis Sanchez, Pedro, Adriano, Jean Marie Dongou and an own goal by Leonardo, secured the Joan Gamper trophy against the club the Brazilian left earlier this summer.
And despite failing to find the back of the net on the night, the 21-year-old provided two assists and struck a post and he says it is only a matter of time before he registers his name on the scoresheet.
“It’s really great to play with these players. Cesc, Xavi, my idol Messi, a genius. I didn’t score, but that will come," said Barca`s €57 million summer signing.
Santos coach Claudinei Oliveira then offered his thoughts on his former player’s performance and was impressed with what he saw.
“Neymar gave a great match. He’s still adapting to the new club, but despite that, he did very well,” he told reporters.
And Barcelona boss Gerardo Martino called for patience as Neymar slowly works his way back to full fitness.
“He still needs a few training sessions to be at his best physically, but Neymar did quite well.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre