Goan coaches join hands to form state association
Margao: Several Goan coaches came together to form the Goa Football Coaches Association here and appointed Dempo Sports Club coach Armando Colaco as its president.
At a meeting held at ther Nehru Stadium in Fatorda on Saturday, all the football coaches from Goa, who are designated with an Asian Football Confederation (AFC) licence, met and formed the association.
"This association was long overdue. We will work for the betterment of coaches across the state and also play a role in raising the bar," Colaco said in a press release.
The former India coach felt that there was a need to develop the game at the grassroot level and was confident that the newly formed GFCA will achieve its set targets by turning their focus on coaches who work at the school level.
Colaco said the association will also organise seminars and camps for the promotion of the game, besides holding talks with the Sports Authority of Goa (SAG) and Directorate of Sports and Youth Affairs (DSYA) on a priority basis.
GFCA executive committee: Armando Colaco (president), Brahmanand Shankhwalkar, Marcus Pacheco (both vice-president), Savio Medeira (secretary), Mariano Dias (assistant secretary), Peter Vales (treasurer), Derrick Pereira, Mauricio Afonso, Mahesh Lotlikar, Mathew D`Costa, Cajetan Fernandes, Baptist Fernandes, Pascoal Pereira and Anthony D’Souza (all members).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1