Greek footballer banned for two years for cocaine use
Athens: Greek Super League football club OFI Crete`s goalkeeper Polychronis Vezyridis has been suspended for two years for testing positive for cocaine, the league`s disciplinary committee announced.
Vezyridis, 37, failed two doping tests and during his hearing he insisted that the cocaine was from a pipe he got from his club supporters, reports Xinhua.
Vezyridis said his club fans offered him a pipe to smoke, which he couldn`t refuse, and resulted in the failed test before the AEK Athens-OFI match Feb 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style
- Section 144 imposed in Jind as Jat leaders start 'jail bharo' movement
- PM Narendra Modi salutes 'Shramiks' hard work, determination on Labour Day