Greek footballer banned for two years for cocaine use
Athens: Greek Super League football club OFI Crete`s goalkeeper Polychronis Vezyridis has been suspended for two years for testing positive for cocaine, the league`s disciplinary committee announced.
Vezyridis, 37, failed two doping tests and during his hearing he insisted that the cocaine was from a pipe he got from his club supporters, reports Xinhua.
Vezyridis said his club fans offered him a pipe to smoke, which he couldn`t refuse, and resulted in the failed test before the AEK Athens-OFI match Feb 26.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH