Greek footballer handed life ban for Nazi salute
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Athens: Greek footballer Giorgos Katidis was on Sunday handed a life ban from playing for his country for giving a Nazi salute during a match.
The midfielder, who plays for AEK Athens, gave a Nazi salute as he was celebrating his winning goal against Veria at the Olympic Stadium.
Later, the Greek football federation unanimously decided that the player be banned for life after a general meeting on Sunday.
The announcement made by the federation said that the action of the player defied common sense and showed disrespect to the victims of Nazi atrocities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch