Greek footballer handed life ban for Nazi salute
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Athens: Greek footballer Giorgos Katidis was on Sunday handed a life ban from playing for his country for giving a Nazi salute during a match.
The midfielder, who plays for AEK Athens, gave a Nazi salute as he was celebrating his winning goal against Veria at the Olympic Stadium.
Later, the Greek football federation unanimously decided that the player be banned for life after a general meeting on Sunday.
The announcement made by the federation said that the action of the player defied common sense and showed disrespect to the victims of Nazi atrocities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- 'FIR' actor Suresh Chatwal no more, co-star Kavita Kaushik expresses grief
- Virat Kohli fails to breach 1000-run barrier but breaks Suresh Raina's IPL batting record
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose lived as KK Bhandari in 1960s?
- AIB's Tanmay Bhat blasted on Twitter for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar | WATCH his controversial video
- Sex machines - the future of `clean` prostitution?