Greek footballer handed life ban for Nazi salute
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Athens: Greek footballer Giorgos Katidis was on Sunday handed a life ban from playing for his country for giving a Nazi salute during a match.
The midfielder, who plays for AEK Athens, gave a Nazi salute as he was celebrating his winning goal against Veria at the Olympic Stadium.
Later, the Greek football federation unanimously decided that the player be banned for life after a general meeting on Sunday.
The announcement made by the federation said that the action of the player defied common sense and showed disrespect to the victims of Nazi atrocities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog