Greek footballer handed life ban for Nazi salute
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Athens: Greek footballer Giorgos Katidis was on Sunday handed a life ban from playing for his country for giving a Nazi salute during a match.
The midfielder, who plays for AEK Athens, gave a Nazi salute as he was celebrating his winning goal against Veria at the Olympic Stadium.
Later, the Greek football federation unanimously decided that the player be banned for life after a general meeting on Sunday.
The announcement made by the federation said that the action of the player defied common sense and showed disrespect to the victims of Nazi atrocities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town