Greek footballer handed life ban for Nazi salute
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Athens: Greek footballer Giorgos Katidis was on Sunday handed a life ban from playing for his country for giving a Nazi salute during a match.
The midfielder, who plays for AEK Athens, gave a Nazi salute as he was celebrating his winning goal against Veria at the Olympic Stadium.
Later, the Greek football federation unanimously decided that the player be banned for life after a general meeting on Sunday.
The announcement made by the federation said that the action of the player defied common sense and showed disrespect to the victims of Nazi atrocities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- One dead, two injured in Germany machete attack: Police
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action