Gremio confirms loan deal for Arsenal defender Santos
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian club Gremio has confirmed the signing of Arsenal defender Andre Santos on a one-year loan deal.
Santos trained with the Porto Alegre outfit Monday and is expected to play in the side`s 2013 Copa Liberatdores opener against Chile`s Huachipato at Arena do Gremio Thursday.
The left-back has made just 23 first-team appearances for the Gunners since his 2011 move from Turkey`s Fenerbahce.
Gremio officials also confirmed Argentine striker Hernan Barcos has been registered with Brazil`s football confederation (CBF) for Copa Libertadores team squads.
The 28-year-old joined Gremio last week after his former club Palmeiras accepted a USD 3 million transfer fee and five players on loan.
Barcos is hopeful the move will improve his chances regaining his place in Argentina`s national team ahead of next year`s FIFA World Cup.
"I want to play as well as I can at my new club to have another chance of representing my country," Barcos said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India