Gremio confirms loan deal for Arsenal defender Santos
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian club Gremio has confirmed the signing of Arsenal defender Andre Santos on a one-year loan deal.
Santos trained with the Porto Alegre outfit Monday and is expected to play in the side`s 2013 Copa Liberatdores opener against Chile`s Huachipato at Arena do Gremio Thursday.
The left-back has made just 23 first-team appearances for the Gunners since his 2011 move from Turkey`s Fenerbahce.
Gremio officials also confirmed Argentine striker Hernan Barcos has been registered with Brazil`s football confederation (CBF) for Copa Libertadores team squads.
The 28-year-old joined Gremio last week after his former club Palmeiras accepted a USD 3 million transfer fee and five players on loan.
Barcos is hopeful the move will improve his chances regaining his place in Argentina`s national team ahead of next year`s FIFA World Cup.
"I want to play as well as I can at my new club to have another chance of representing my country," Barcos said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'