Groningen midfielder Filip Kostic joins Stuttgart
Berlin: German Bundesliga side Stuttgart have signed Groningen midfielder Filip Kostic.
The 21-year-old Serbian arrival inked a contract until June 2019 and received the jersey number 18, Stuttgart confirmed in an official statement Sunday, reports Xinhua.
"We observed Filip Kostic for a long time. He is young, technically skilled and dangerous in front of the goal. With him we will be more variable in our offence," sporting director Fredi Bobic told the club`s official homepage.
The midfielder joins from Dutch side Groningen where he played for two seasons. He scored 11 goals in 45 appearances.
"I had a good time in Groningen but I wanted to join Stuttgart. Those responsible have put a lot of effort into my transfer. Now I am looking forward to this new task at Stuttgart in the Bundesliga," Kostic said.
Stuttgart finished the last Bundesliga season in 15th place, only five points away from the drop zone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof