Guardiola considering becoming Bayern Munich boss, says Luca Toni
Luca Toni has suggested that Pep Guardiola has expressed a desire to take over at Bayern Munich in the future, and the Italian has advised the former Barcelona tactician to move to the German club.
The Fiorentina striker played alongside the Blaugrana`s former trainer when they were both at Brescia, and the two have remained close since Guardiola left Barcelona at the end of last season, stating he wanted some time away from football.
The Italian striker told Bild: "He asked me about Bayern. I think the philosophy of how that club is run pleases him.
"He is a very good coach, who would fit that team perfectly. He would give the German mentality some flair."
Toni advised Guardiola, who has also been linked with Champions League holders Chelsea and 2011-12 Serie A runners-up AC Milan, to take on the job in Bavaria instead of moving to Italy, adding: "He should definitely coach Bayern. They are one of the best teams in the world.
"In Italy (the clubs) are catching up. The only club in Italy that is comparable to Bayern is Juventus, who will be at the same level in less than 10 years."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees