Guardiola has changed my life: Pedro
Barcelona: Barcelona attacker Pedro has hailed Pep Guardiola for the role the coach played in the youngster`s progress in recent years.
The 24-year-old forward came through the ranks of the Catalans` youth academy, and developed into an important first-team player during Guardiola`s four-year spell in charge of the Blaugrana.
Although Pedro struggled to secure regular playing time in the 2011-12 campaign, he has not forgotten Guardiola`s role in his breakthrough, as well as in Barca`s success.
"Pep has given his all for the team. He has changed my life," Pedro was quoted as saying by El Pais.
"These have been very long years with a lot of games. It has been very tiresome. He needs the rest and deserves it."
Guardiola will be replaced by Tito Vilanova at the helm from July onwards, and Pedro is confident that the current assistant coach will succeed when he takes the step up.
"His appointment surprised me, but I`m quite pleased with it. He knows the values of this club. I am confident that he will continue to work with the same philosophy.”
Barcelona are currently preparing for the Copa del Rey final against Athletic Bilbao on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter