Guardiola jokes about receiving offer from Ferguson to spearhead Man U
London: Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has said that maybe he did not understand if he received an offer to take charge of Manchester United, because of his `not so good` English.
The former Barcelona captain reportedly joked that Sir Alex Ferguson might have offered him the chance to succeed him at Old Trafford, while they met on a friendly dinner in New York during Guardiola`s 12-month sabbatical after leaving Barcelona at the end of the 2011-12 season.
According to the BBC, Guardiola said that Ferguson invited him to a super restaurant adding that it was a friendly dinner as always and the former United boss was very gentle adding that they spent a very good time together.
However, Guardiola added that his English is not so good and when Ferguson spoke quickly Guardiola could not understand him.
The Bundesliga giants face United in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal at Old Trafford, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today