Guardiola jokes about receiving offer from Ferguson to spearhead Man U
London: Bayern Munich boss Pep Guardiola has said that maybe he did not understand if he received an offer to take charge of Manchester United, because of his `not so good` English.
The former Barcelona captain reportedly joked that Sir Alex Ferguson might have offered him the chance to succeed him at Old Trafford, while they met on a friendly dinner in New York during Guardiola`s 12-month sabbatical after leaving Barcelona at the end of the 2011-12 season.
According to the BBC, Guardiola said that Ferguson invited him to a super restaurant adding that it was a friendly dinner as always and the former United boss was very gentle adding that they spent a very good time together.
However, Guardiola added that his English is not so good and when Ferguson spoke quickly Guardiola could not understand him.
The Bundesliga giants face United in the first leg of their Champions League quarterfinal at Old Trafford, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users