Guardiola plays down storming Bayern pre-season
Munich: Pep Guardiola has called for patience to build his vision of Bayern Munich despite enjoying a storming pre-season so far.
As well as beating the coach`s former club Barcelona on Wednesday 2-0, the Bavarians have dispatched the likes of Hamburg and Borussia Monchengladbach in the build-up to the new Bundesliga season.
The 42-year-old still sees room for improvement in the treble winners, however, and wants his team to up their precision in front of goal ahead of the DFL-Supercup on Saturday against last season`s Champions League final opponents Borussia Dortmund.
"I`m happy with what we`ve done so far, but we still need a little more time," Sky Sports quote the coach as saying. "We still have to improve a bit in terms of our finishing.
"We are going to be well prepared and play a good game [in the Supercup]."
Bayern midfielder Toni Kroos is well aware of the tussle for a place in the midfield at the Allianz Arena, made tougher by the signings of Mario Gotze and Thiago Alcantara this summer.
"Everybody wants to play but it`s mathematically impossible, of course," the 23-year-old said. "That is why we have these games for the players to prove themselves and then the coach will gather his impressions to pick his first team.
"But that does not mean that those players will play in every game in a season which will hopefully be a long one."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire