Guardiola plays down storming Bayern pre-season
Munich: Pep Guardiola has called for patience to build his vision of Bayern Munich despite enjoying a storming pre-season so far.
As well as beating the coach`s former club Barcelona on Wednesday 2-0, the Bavarians have dispatched the likes of Hamburg and Borussia Monchengladbach in the build-up to the new Bundesliga season.
The 42-year-old still sees room for improvement in the treble winners, however, and wants his team to up their precision in front of goal ahead of the DFL-Supercup on Saturday against last season`s Champions League final opponents Borussia Dortmund.
"I`m happy with what we`ve done so far, but we still need a little more time," Sky Sports quote the coach as saying. "We still have to improve a bit in terms of our finishing.
"We are going to be well prepared and play a good game [in the Supercup]."
Bayern midfielder Toni Kroos is well aware of the tussle for a place in the midfield at the Allianz Arena, made tougher by the signings of Mario Gotze and Thiago Alcantara this summer.
"Everybody wants to play but it`s mathematically impossible, of course," the 23-year-old said. "That is why we have these games for the players to prove themselves and then the coach will gather his impressions to pick his first team.
"But that does not mean that those players will play in every game in a season which will hopefully be a long one."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan