Guardiola`s start date with Bayern revealed
Munich: Pep Guardiola will take the reins at Bayern Munich for the first time on June 26, the club have revealed.
The coach has been drafted in as a replacement to Jupp Heynckes at the end of the season, with the veteran boss hoping to complete a wonderful campaign as the Bavarians remain on track for an unprecedented treble.
However, his success has had no effect on Bayern chiefs who chose to announce the Spaniard would take over in January when rumours of his impending arrival in the Bundesliga were leaked to the press.
The former Barcelona boss, who won 14 trophies between 2008 and 2012 prior to taking a sabbatical last summer, will meet players at Bayern`s Sabener Strasse headquarters towards the end of next month and training will begin from there.
It remains unclear how successful his new side will be - the Bundesliga has been emphatically wrapped up but Bayern have a Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund and a DFB Pokal showdown with Stuttgart to come this month.
Guardiola`s first game as Bavarian boss will be on July 13 in a pre-season friendly at Sonnenhof Grossaspach, though their first mouth-watering match is scheduled against Barca in the Uli Hoeness Cup on July 24.
Other high profile friendlies include games against AC Milan, Manchester City and Sao Paulo ahead of the Bundesliga getting back under way on August 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal