Guardiola was my most important coach, says Montoya
Spain : Barcelona starlet Martin Montoya has stressed that Pep Guardiola is the most important coach he has worked with so far in his career.
The right-back was handed his first team debut by the 41-year-old in February 2011, and the departing coach has played a key role in Montoya`s promotion to the first team ahead of the 2012-13 campaign.
"Guardiola has been the most important coach for me," Montoya said. "He gave me the chance and he was the one who decided that I would be part of the first team next season.
"I`m very happy to have been promoted. It makes me feel proud. I have played here for 12 years now, and I have never wanted to leave. Barca are the team of my dreams.”
"Training with the first team means working at a high rhythm, and always giving everything. You learn a lot in a short period of time."
The 21-year-old Montoya played 90 minutes during his side`s 3-0 Copa del Rey final victory over Athletic Bilbao on May 25.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt