Gurjinder, Adil Khan in squad for AFC Challenge Cup
New Delhi: Gurjinder Singh and Adil Khan are the two new faces in the 23-member squad announced by national football coach Savio Medeira for the upcoming AFC Challenge Cup, which begins in Kathmandu, Nepal on March 9.
Defending champions India play their first match against Tajikistan on March 9.
Barring defender Gurjinder and Khan who play in the midfield, the composition of the team is more or less similar to the one that played in the friendly internationals recently.
Sunil Chhetri will lead the attack which also has Sushil Singh, C S Sabeeth and Joaquim Abranches.
The experienced Gouramangi Singh will marshal the defence, with Syed Rahim Nabi expected to play the role of a floater.
The midfield has Dempo`s Anthony Pereira, East Bengal`s Reisangmi Vashum and Salgaocar`s Rocus Lamare among others.
The team will leave for Kathmandu tomorrow.
Goalkeepers: Karanjit Singh, Subhasish Roychowdhury, Arindam Bhattacharya.
Defenders: Nirmal Chhetri, Raju Gaikwad, Sameer Naik, Gouramangi Singh, Anwar Ali, Kinsukh Debnath, Syed Rahim Nabi, Gurjinder Singh.
Midfielders: Adil Khan, Anthony Pereira, Reisangmi Vashum, Rocus Lamare, Francis Fernandes, Jewel Raja, Lenny Rodrigues, Lalrindika Ralte.
Forwards: Sunil Chhetri, Sushil Singh, CS Sabeeth, Joaquim Abranches.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- Huge blow for Arvind Kejriwal ahead of MCD elections, AAP MLA Ved Prakash joins BJP