Guus Hiddink to retire at season`s end
The Hague: Dutch football coach Guus Hiddink will put an end to his illustrious coaching career at the end of the season.
Hiddink has led both the Netherlands and South Korea to World Cup semifinals, took Russia to a European Championships semifinal and won the European Cup (now the Champions League) with Dutch club PSV Eindhoven.
"I`ve still got the energy and still get a real buzz each time I step out onto a pitch, but I have to be careful not to stay on too long," said Hiddink, whose contract runs out with Anzhi Makhachkala in mid-2013.
"I still find football so wonderful that I`ll likely stay in the milieu," he added, suggesting he could train young coaches or young players.
The 66-year-old, who has coached Real Madrid and Chelsea, steered Anzhi, who have Samuel Eto`o in attack, currently to second place in the Russian league after 17 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital