Guus Hiddink to retire at season`s end
The Hague: Dutch football coach Guus Hiddink will put an end to his illustrious coaching career at the end of the season.
Hiddink has led both the Netherlands and South Korea to World Cup semifinals, took Russia to a European Championships semifinal and won the European Cup (now the Champions League) with Dutch club PSV Eindhoven.
"I`ve still got the energy and still get a real buzz each time I step out onto a pitch, but I have to be careful not to stay on too long," said Hiddink, whose contract runs out with Anzhi Makhachkala in mid-2013.
"I still find football so wonderful that I`ll likely stay in the milieu," he added, suggesting he could train young coaches or young players.
The 66-year-old, who has coached Real Madrid and Chelsea, steered Anzhi, who have Samuel Eto`o in attack, currently to second place in the Russian league after 17 games.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor