HAL coach blames referee for colluding with Churchill Bros
Margao (Goa): HAL Coach R Thyagaraj has blamed on a match referee for "favouring" Churchill Brothers to rob them of a winning chance.
"Our team played their hearts out and defended the citadel well after scoring a goal in the 8th minute. But the referee, A Rowan, favoured the home team and gave six minutes of extra time instead of four minutes which helped them to find the equaliser," he said.
The matching ended in a draw. I will raise the issue with All India Football Federation (AIFF) about the same and ask them to take necessary action against the referee, Thyagaraj said while addressing a post match press conference.
Alfred Fernandes, who is acting as a stop-gap coach for Manuel Gomes of Churchill Brothers, said his team failed to put up a collective performance as they kept on missing chances until striker Roberto Silva saved them from the defeat by scoring in the stoppage time.
He blamed lack of concentration and failing to hit the bull`s eye as reasons for lacklustre performance of his team. "We will sort out our mistakes and do well in our next match," Alfred said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH