Hamburg keeper Adler to miss Bundesliga resumption
Berlin: Hamburg SV and German international goalkeeper Rene Adler faces a month on the sidelines with an ankle injury and will miss the resumption of the Bundesliga after the winter break at the end of January, his club said on Friday.
Adler, battling for one of the reserve keeper slots in the German World Cup squad behind Bayern Munich`s Manuel Neuer, is being treated in Hamburg. He returned to the Germany side last year after an absence of almost three years.
"He can expect to return to team training in three to four weeks," Hamburg, currently training in Abu Dhabi, said in a statement.
Jaroslav Drobny will deputise for Adler during his absence when the northern club returns to action against Schalke 04 on January 26, struggling down in 14th place just two points above the relegation playoff berth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Some parties trying to create anti-Centre sentiment, says Venkaiah Naidu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog