Hamburg keeper Adler to miss Bundesliga resumption
Berlin: Hamburg SV and German international goalkeeper Rene Adler faces a month on the sidelines with an ankle injury and will miss the resumption of the Bundesliga after the winter break at the end of January, his club said on Friday.
Adler, battling for one of the reserve keeper slots in the German World Cup squad behind Bayern Munich`s Manuel Neuer, is being treated in Hamburg. He returned to the Germany side last year after an absence of almost three years.
"He can expect to return to team training in three to four weeks," Hamburg, currently training in Abu Dhabi, said in a statement.
Jaroslav Drobny will deputise for Adler during his absence when the northern club returns to action against Schalke 04 on January 26, struggling down in 14th place just two points above the relegation playoff berth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster